Serves 4 to 6
Done in just 13 minutes!
- 4 (large) Riverview Eggs
- 500g pack of spaghetti
- 100g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 thick cut (or 6 thin cut) smoked rashers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A little olive oil
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- 150mls cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the rashers into thin strips.
- Press the garlic under the heel of your hand and press down to break open but keep them whole.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk well.
- Add in 3 quarters of the grated parmesan cheese and mix in well.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, stand the spaghetti in the middle of the pot, give it a little twist and release. The spaghetti will gently find its way into the water. Cook the spaghetti for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, fry the rashers strips in a little olive oil for 2 mins.
- Then add the garlic to the pan and continue to fry until the rashers are a little crispy and the garlic is golden.
- Remove the garlic from the pan and discard. It has done its job well.
- Turn OFF the heat to the pan.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, add one ladle full of the spaghetti water to the rashers pan.
- Using a tongs. Take all the spaghetti directly from the pot into the pan and stir well to mix with all the smoked rashers and garlic flavours.
- With the heat still OFF, quickly pour in the egg and parmesan cheese mix and stir well. The residual heat from the spaghetti will cook the egg enough to create a silky smooth sauce. If it is too dry, add another ladle of the spaghetti water.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese, black pepper and chopped parsley to serve.