- 1 Riverview egg
- 4 asparagus spears
- 1 slice of crusty bread
- Butter for the toast
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A little olive oil
- Put on a pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, snap 4 spears of asparagus at the weakest point.
- Just as the water comes to the boil, swirl it in the centre and crack in the egg.
- Turn down the heat slightly so that the water is “moving” but not “bubbling”.
- Set your timer to 3 mins.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add the asparagus.
- Meanwhile toast the bread.
- Turn the asparagus 2 or 3 times and fry until they are crispy and a little golden.
- At 3 mins, remove the egg with a slotted spoon and drain off the excess water.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with a little salt and a squeeze of lemon juice and remove from the pan.
- Butter the toast and top with the asparagus and egg.