Serves 4 (brunch) or 2 (dinner) portions
- 5 Riverview Eggs
- 4 slices of black pudding
- 4 slices of white pudding
- 100g sliced chorizo
- 12 to 16 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- A little olive oil
- For the potato cakes
- 400g cold cooked mashed potato.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander (or any fresh herb).
- 1 large (or 2 small) chopped spring onion.
- Crack 1 egg into the potato and add the coriander and spring onion.
- Season with salt (if using leftover chilled mashed potato which is already seasoned, skip this step)
- Mix well until you can’t see the egg.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and when hot, place 4 spoonfuls of the potato mix in the pan and flatten a little with the spoon.
- When they are golden brown on one side, turn them over.
- When brown on both sides remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add the chorizo, then pudding and finally the tomatoes.
- Regularly turn the puddings and chorizo until golden.
- Meanwhile, poach 2 eggs for 3 mins in simmering water, remove and repeat with another 2 eggs.
- Divide everything amongst 4 hungry or 2 famished appetites.