Serves 4 to 6
- 8 Riverview Eggs
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 100g sliced chorizo
- 3 medium sized potatoes – cooked, cold and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large (or 2 small) clove of garlic, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Dry fry (no oil) the chorizo in an oven proof frying pan until the oils come out and the chorizo is crispy.
- Add in the potato and fry until it turns golden and crispy.
- Set this aside in a bowl.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan, add the onion and fry until soft and golden.
- Grate in the garlic and fry for another min.Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs, season with a large pinch of salt and whisk well
- Add in the chorizo and potatoes, onions and garlic and chopped red and green peppers and mix in well.
- Pour a little more oil into the pan again, heat, and pour in the egg mix.
- Leave on the heat (don’t stir) and fry until golden on the bottom.
- Finish the cooking in the oven for 13 to 15 mins.
- To check if it’s done, press the centre with a fork, if any raw egg pops up, put it back in the oven for another 2 mins and check again.
- Bring it to the table in the pan and slice to serve.