- 4 Riverview Eggs
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 500g tub of natural (unsweetened) yogurt
- A punnet of strawberries chopped or sliced
- Butter for frying
- Mix 1 tablespoon of maple syrup into the natural yogurt.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Pour a quarter of the egg mix onto a deep plate.
- Place the bread on the egg and press gently to help the bread soak up the egg.
- Flip it over and leave it soak for 1 min
- Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter in a frying pan.
- When the butter begins to bubble, add the egg soaked bread and let it sit for about 1 minute untilgolden brown underneath.
- Flip it over and fry until golden on both sides. Remove from the pan.
- While this is cooking, soak the next slice of bread in more of the egg mix.
- Repeat steps 6 to 10 for the other slices of bread.
- Serve the French Toast with another drizzle of maple syrup, plenty of strawberries and natural yoghurt.