Serves 4 to 6
- 8 Riverview Eggs
- 4 slices of bread
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 300g cheddar cheese, grated
- 300g smoked ham, chopped
- 250mls cream
- 25g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and place all 4 slices in the base of the dish.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk.
- Add in the chopped ham and spring onions plus 200g of the cheddar cheese and the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the bread in the dish.
- Sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 to 55 mins until firm and slightly golden on top.