Serves 2 to 4
- 4 (large) Riverview Eggs
- 4 slices of bread
- Butter for toast
- Half fill a small saucepan with cold water.
- Gently lower in the eggs.
- Turn on the heat and bring the water to the boil.
- Once the water begins to boil, set your timer to 6 mins.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread and slice into strips (soldiers).
- As the timer reaches 6 mins, remove the eggs from the water and pop into egg cups.
- Serve with the soldiers immediately. A boiled egg will continue to cook if it’s not opened straight away.
- For a bit of variety, you could sprinkle the egg with chives, fajitas or cajun spices, or just some salt and tiny bit of butter.