- 150g bacon lardons or streaky rashers, diced
- 1 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 400g tin of butter beans, pinto, or mixed beans
- 150g baby spinach
- 50g rocket leaves, long stalks removed
- 100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 150mls cream
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F). Heat a large frying pan, add a little oil and cook the bacon until just crispy. Add the tomatoes, beans, spinach and rocket. Stir to combine. Cook for a couple of minutes until the spinach and rocket are beginning to wilt. Stir through the cheese and cream, mix well. Taste and season. Pour the mixture into a large ovenproof dish. Make four wells with the back of a spoon, large enough to hold an egg. Break the eggs into the wells. Place the dish in the oven and bake until the eggs are just set, 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve with a green salad and crusty bread to mop up the juices.